Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Multiple group projects... multiple groups.

Have I mentioned that the classes making the 4th semester have been some of the more challenging?  The sheer work load of case studies has been one to manage.  Here at the end of the semester, the program leadership has diverged from the idea of us only working in one group to simplify group projects, which currently means I have spent both days of my weekend, meeting with separate groups, while managing working a 50+ hour work week.  Not to mention that my second group, assigned by the professor (because he wasn't told by administration that we were already in groups, and then when asking about it was told to do what ever he wanted) was given the short end of the stick, as one group has to have only 4 members, and of our 4 members - one lives 3 hrs away. Limited largely to conference calls, we also have a student who came to the US from China, and so I'm concerned that being limited to voice interaction may cause additional obstacles for our group.  I will say I've enjoyed the opportunity to work with each of these other team members, and for that reason am glad for the opportunity.  I think I would reiterate that alot of thought and consideration went into the development of our groups, and this has afforded us the opportunity to work with different personalities and work styles.  I understand an MBA wasn't cut out to be easy, but if we could maintain the group projects within the pre selected groups, it might avoid undue stress and allow us to focus more efforts into the projects rather than the efforts to pull the different groups together.

No comments:

Post a Comment