Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2011

2/3 of the way done with Semester II

This week was a wild ride. We finished out both of our ten week classes in Critical Thinking and Accounting, and are taking a week off before we head into Organization Behavior and Change. I'm really looking forward to having one class to direct all my attention to, and really dive into the concepts. I've already read two chapters in preparation for next week's class, and I'm really excited about the overlap with Psychology, so I'm hoping this class, unlike Accounting, will be able to relate to knowledge I already have.

Speaking of Accounting- we have survived! The final was fifteen questions long. We were allowed to answer the ten of our choice and the remaining five would be extra credit. I attempted to answer all fifteen, and it took me a full three hours. Most of the other students didn't take as long, but at the end it was me, and about a fourth of the class there at 11PM trying to wrap it up. It turned out to be a great effort, as I got an A on the test, resulting in an A in the class. Not bad for not knowing a single Accounting concept prior to the class! The feeling of accomplishment can't be matched. I worked very hard for that A, and even a week later I'm so proud that the hard work has paid off.

A couple of weeks ago, I also mentioned that I would be doing an article in Austin Woman Magazine. The magazine is out now, and I've had requests for a link to the online copy, so here's a link. www.austinwomanmagazine.com/Articles/2011/03_MAR/58_WomenofWilliamson.html

1 comment: