Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What's ahead

Perhaps it's personality... perhaps it's because I'm a first born... I find myself often times enjoying the role of creator, trail blazer, going where no (wo)man's gone before (don't knock me for my Star Trek reference).  Being in the first cohort to go through Concordia's MBA Program has been a great fit for me.  I really like the fact that you have no idea what next semester is going to be like.  There's no one who can really give you any pointers, heads up, or leading ideas as to whether you think you will or won't like a class.  More than the ability to make my own judgements, we really are interacting with a program to provide it's future shape. 

I have friends in Cohort 2 and 3.  It's fun to tell them my experience in a class, and then hear how the MBA is continuing to mold and change for each future class.  I even hear talks from administration about how the first year is going to have different classes for some incoming cohorts, to improve the path of what they may get out of the program.  Would I change my path? No. 

I think I was made for such a time as this- my contributions into the program mattered as much, if not more to me than what I would get out of the program.  Don't get me wrong- the education I have received has been huge for me.  I now have a sense of confidence I lacked before.  What the Concordia MBA means to me is the ability to see this time of growth for my education and beyond.  Its been a journey- an experience.  Either of these analogies reflect a two-way street.  For me, this was so much more than about letters, whether that be in a grade or in the credentials that will forever follow my name.  It was engagement.  I feel like, especially in these last two semesters I'm trying to get out of this program all that I can.  When it comes to projects- I'm engaging in ways that can make a difference to my future.  Its about the people I see, the work that lies before me, and the preparation for a future still unknown.

In the past couple of weeks I've had coffee with friends.  The question that seems to be coming up in each of these interactions always circles back around- Why the MBA? What's next?  While I ask myself the same questions, I have to remember what ever is ahead is labeled under "future".  What I do now is to prepare for what God holds there in the future.  What I must be responsible with is what's within my control, so currently- what's ahead is in God's hands... but I'll do my best to be prepared for whatever He has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment