Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Week 4- does that mean I've been doing this for a month already?

Week 4... it's hard to believe we've already been at this for a month! We are getting to know our cohorts and group members better. This weekend our group is getting together for the first time outside of class. I don't know that I have introduced my group yet- there are 4 of us... Kevin, Cathy, Michael and me. I'm learning more and more about each of our members each week. This weekend we are going to dive into our 3 group projects, and I'm looking forward to getting those fully underway.

Tonight was a bit surreal, as Terry and I got to speak as the "student pannel" to a group of hopeful MBA prospective students in an information session. It was great to feel on the other side of the line... remembering just how I felt earlier this year as they discussed the program. I gave my business card to 3 of the prospects, and hope that I can encourage them in any way I can to make this step, if they feel it's right for them. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to help them, even though I'm not that much farther down the road... more than half of it is just taking that step of committing to the aspiration of something new, something that will challenge you, and really when it comes down to it... 2 years from now, I can be who I am now, or in just 2 years, I can be someone who has pushed myself to make a greater difference and be a greater leader. That's one of the reasons why I chose to commit to the MBA program.

No comments:

Post a Comment