Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 14, 2010

7 or somewhere in the middle...

It's official, the weeks are starting to run together! I'm officially losing count if it weren't for this blog of what week we are in school. I'm feeling very happy that I made this decision to go to Concordia, and am finding that this feels to be the one thing I am doing for myself right now. I do this because I enjoy it, and I look forward to it.

Our class dynamic is great, and only makes my experience that much more enjoyable. We have a way to find make ourselves laugh, so there's an overall good comradery building in the class.

This week feels a bit like a pressure cooker... Tuesday is our individual project due date for Marketing, and Econ finally gets our grades rolling with a Mid-term. I know me and two other ladies are meeting up at campus, taking the day off of work, and studying all day. I was hoping to use last night to get some work done, but I decided to run, cook dinner, and catch up on my DVR with my husband. I think what I'm learning, beyond elasticities, marginal rules and channel marking (all concepts I was unfamiliar with just 7 weeks ago) is really learning how to make this balance with my life. There's a certain semblance of normalcy I'm trying to carry over, but I also just have a lot to get done. I'm needing to learn how to balance that with spending time with my husband, who is in grad school full time, and just learning how to make this new routine work for me.

Good news- there will be 1 10,000 scholarship available next year. I think everyone in the class will be going for it, but I'm hoping our one income on a non-profit salary and all my community involvement will give me a push in a good direction.

I hope to report by this time next week that the Econ Mid Term went well and my presentation knocked it out of the park... we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment