Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ready to Manage Marketing

I can't believe we only have one more week of Marketing... and yet it seems like I've learned so much, but also just began the journey! We have one more week, which will be the final, and this week we did our group presentations, Group Facebook Page Reviews (My group won with the most followers!), and we took a test on the last three chapters.

I'm excited about what I've learned through Managerial Marketing. I feel that in my role, I can do so much more with strategy and purpose, which is a big deal for a nonprofit, and great for me and my skill set.

Next week we begin our journey into leadership, and I'm really looking forward to some introspection. There's been a recurring theme in my life over the last year... what's next? I am so glad I was able to land a job for a company I love, but it's important that I continue to grow, and I'm always one for having new goals, so its been important to me to redirect my efforts and continue to define my goals so I continue to live on purpose.

And now it's time for the drum roll.... I am thrilled with how I did on the economics test. I made a 91... and had I just spent a little more attention to my essay on shortages and price ceilings, I could have landed a 94! Anywho, I'm just thrilled to have an A in the class, and be thinking in terms of economics... even last night I was listening to some girly radio show on my drive home at 10:20PM, and they were discussing whether couples should go dutch on the first date. The radio host was talking about how women pay so much to get ready for the date (hairspray, new outfit, get their nails done) that they were "owed a meal". I was thinking about how this was somewhat of a economic financial view because it viewed implicit and explicit costs rather than just the balance sheet of an accounting financial view. Not that this insight was any bit important, but my new concepts are permeating my thoughts, so I feel great that my education is coming into play!

No comments:

Post a Comment