Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'd like to add a course to that...

For those of you in Philanthropy, you may be familiar with Indiana University's School of Fund Raising.  A big thanks to AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) and Austin Community Foundation we were able to have a week's long classes brought down to Austin.  We held class at The Long Center, so the whole experience was a bit breath taking- including the private tour of The Long Center!

We had class from 8-5, and Tuesday was a bit especially long because I'm not so used to being stuck in a chair the whole day (my fellow fundraisers feel me).  It was a great brush up on many foundational principals in Philanthropy.  You know- sometimes its just nice for someone to say that you're doing the right thing and confirm best practices.  One thing I particularly loved was the wealth of experience in the classmates that surrounded me.  What amazing people who had a great feel on the pulse of philanthropy right here in the Austin metro.  That was so encouraging and engaging!

I got an email today mentioning IU would be coming back to the area for the next certificate of the program, and we were asked if we would prefer it to be summer or fall of 2012.  2012 is monumental for me!  Not only will my husband graduate from his 3 years in graduate school, but I'll complete my MBA with Concordia that summer.  When you think a program is two years, its just close enough to induce hope, and far enough away to think - I've got plenty of time.  Now that I see 2012 and it relates to my real world- its just exciting.  Course my answer was Fall 2012... not only will Capstone be in full force next summer, but I might, just might, suffer education withdrawals.  Rather than run to start a PhD, I'd prefer to fill my addition with another week with IU!

No comments:

Post a Comment